Protocols & Gateways
The Modius OpenData solution is able to unify information by collecting data using any standard communication protocol at the physical layer, including:
- Proprietary protocols
- RESTful API
Because Modius OpenData works across all major device protocols, the solution is uniquely able to capture data from all major device categories and equipment vendors. For equipment that is not accessible on the network (via network communication cards), Modius provides a serial-to-network gateway to ensure that all of your critical equipment can be monitored. Modius OpenData can also capture data from existing systems, such as a BMS, which allows operators to leverage the legacy systems that they already have in place.
The Modius Standard RTU is a versatile and powerful system used for monitoring and control of equipment sites.
This is a high powered full function Remote Telemetry Unit (RTU). The Modius Standard RTU has built-in physical interfaces for connecting to contact closure I/O’s, analog sensors, and serial ports, making it ideal for monitoring and controlling a multitude of devices all from one box.
Modius Standard RTU Topology
- Covers all major power, cooling, and IT devices, including IP-based and serial networks
- Telco-grade, fanless design
- Built-in software utilizes a powerful Linux operating system
- Supports both Web Browser and SSH user interfaces for convenient monitoring and management
- Can be powered from dual -48 VDC from power plant, or single +15 VDC from AC/DC Wall Power converter
- Dual network interfaces to support separate LAN and WAN connections
- Features integrated Ethernet switch for networking other onsite equipment
- In-band or out-of-band access to remote serial equipment
- Supports monitoring dry-contact closures from equipment
- Supports Form-C output relays for user-initiated control and configurable automated control
- Features ES/ESJ port for connecting various types of optional digital sensors (i.e. temperature, humidity, etc.)
- Supports input for LPG fuel level monitoring sensor
- USB ports for upgrades, settings loads, and other onsite management.
- Convenient plug connectors with screw terminals to facilitate initial deployment and spare swap-outs
- 12VDC and 5VDC power outputs to power sensors and door security options
- Supports cyber-secure SNMPv3 reporting compatible with many SNMP-based network management systems
- Easy integration with Modius OpenData software as the recommended platform for monitoring and analytics