What do you get to do in this position?
- Focus on the integration of building management system equipment into Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS) and Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) systems
- Designs and configures integrations to building control and electrical control systems as defined by the contract documents. Creates flow diagrams, sequence of operations, and network diagrams as required
- Application configuration for site navigation device integration, site metrics, reports, and custom graphics creation
- Works with BMS vendors to integrate BACnet points and alarms from field level network and global network
- Performs engineering calculations for chilled water coefficient of performance, total facility and critical load, PUE, etc.
- Performs start-up services and troubleshooting equipment and network device communications
- Configures and commissions connected devices and 3rd party hardware
- Represents Modius in Customer facing position involving a mix of individual and team-based projects
- Documents work completed and compiles as-builts of systems
- Participates in project meetings with project field team
- Keeps management informed of job progress and issues
- Able to work at customer site. Majority of travel is domestic with some international opportunity.
We implement solutions at locations across the United States. We’re looking to hire an individual close to Northern Virginia to minimize travel. We operate as a virtual office. When not at a customer site, you will work from home.
This position requires presence at customer sites and as such, candidate must be able to obtain necessary clearance and/or credentials to travel and comply with customer requirements for executing work on their site. The types of credentials that might be required, include but are not limited to, passports, Homeland Security clearance, background checks, drug tests, etc.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Technical Degree or Certifications in Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, controls, Electronics or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret contract specifications and electrical drawing packages
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience integrating software to critical electrical power equipment
- Solid understanding of basic TCP/IP networking
- Experience with native and proprietary BACnet systems
- Experience with systems using Modbus and SNMP communications
- Stable work history, and able to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working around electrical equipment such as switchgear, generators, UPS systems, etc.
- Experience working around Chillers, CRAHs, CRACs, AHUs, Fan Coil Walls, heat exchangers, etc.
- Good understanding of industry standard communication protocols with an emphasis on Modbus, SNMP, IEC 61850, and BACnet (ASHRAE Standard 135)
- Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies, and hardware
- Direct experience with Schneider Electric proprietary software such as Power Monitoring Expert and Power SCADA Expert
- Niagara AX/N4 certification
- Knowledge of and strategies for Internet Data Center Environments
Modius Inc. is a world leading end-to-end solution provider for managing the availability, capacity, and efficiency in the critical facilities of data centers, smart buildings, telecommunications and other IoT environments.
The Modius flagship offering, OpenData, provides all the tools needed to manage the performance of mission critical infrastructure, consolidate monitoring platforms, and provide meaningful analytics and dashboards, and all in a “single pane of glass.”
Work Hours & Benefits
Modius is offering salaried, full-time, remote employment to a qualified candidate located in the Northern Virginia area. Travel to/from a Modius office is typically not required. The Modius benefit package includes options for health, dental, life and vision insurance, 401K and paid time-off for major US Holidays, PTO, and sick-time.
Where to Apply
Don’t miss this opportunity to work for a growing company in a dynamic position that will give you an exciting variety of responsibilities and tasks. Resumes can be submitted to HR@modius.com
Keywords: DCIM, EPMS, PME, PSO, BMS, BAS, electrical monitoring software, site technician, site engineer, implementation engineer, application engineer, project engineer, field engineer, data center technologist