The Business Development Executive role at Modius is a key driver for our Sales & Marketing team. As one of our go-to inside resources, you will engage customers, prospect for new business, and execute outbound action plans to meet our annual customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. In addition, this (technical) sales position is responsible for new revenue creation, assigned quota, and new logo win attainment.
- Drive “Top of The Funnel” with 100% of time & effort dedicated to new account growth
- Prepare quotes, manage deals through lifecycle & internal documents, and process POs
- Follow-up on inbound leads, Email leads while always capturing the results to Zoho (CRM)
- Build true customer relationships with existing and potential (net-new) customers
- Schedule and host conference calls via Teams
- Review and surface RFP opportunities, and manage our ultimate submission/offer/response
- Work with Modius suppliers and partners as needed for solution development
- Occasional travel for tradeshows and face-to-face client visits
- Engage our customers who span the entire IT and OEM space, including, Enterprise, Co-location Operators, Solution Integrators, ISVs, OEMs, and VARs
- Leverage your data center/telecom network & domain expertise to develop opportunities
- Build relationships with key account contacts at all levels of our customers’ organization
- Provide direct technical assistance to customers and partners when appropriate
- Interface technical staff to be the “voice of the customer” in product planning discussions
- Collaborate with our Services Team to develop and define unified, cohesive solutions based on the concepts of Data Center 4.0
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to broadcast messaging and content to foster brand awareness and lead generation.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of IT business-to-business (B2B) sales experience, including Software Sales, System Integration Sales, and OEM / Channel Management. Understanding of the Data Center Industry and/or Telcom industries
- An understanding of the sale of complex IT/OEM software solutions to corporate decision-makers
- Knowledge of monitoring and/or analytics and/or asset management software used for Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to build a win-win relationship with new clients
- Business or Technical degree
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products·
- Results-oriented, proactive, confident under pressure, and demonstrated skills in solution selling.
- Your skill set should include excellent communication, virtual-team engagement, time management, comfortable with negotiation. Excellent presentation skills are essential!
- Must be a US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or EAD Card Holder.
- Passion to continuously learn and grow.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
- Join the experts in deploying solutions for mission-critical infrastructure management
- Play a critical role in taking the business to the next level and champion thought leadership within the company and the broader market.
- Advance your career with us. We’re enthusiastic about helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored, and grow.
WORK HOURS & BENEFITS
Modius offers salaried, full-time, remote employment to qualified candidates in the continental US. Travel to/from a Modius office is typically not required. The Modius benefit package includes options for health, dental, life and vision insurance, 401K, and paid time off for major US Holidays, PTO, and sick time.
Modius, Inc. is a leading provider of critical infrastructure management software for data centers, telecom facilities, smart buildings, and other industrial IoT environments. Founded in 2007 with headquarters in San Francisco, Modius helps customers simplify and understand the operations of increasingly diverse and complex IT/OT infrastructure while at the same time improving performance and operational efficiencies. Our flagship product, OpenData, is a full-feature DCIM suite, including monitoring, analytics, power management, asset management,