OpenData v. 3.7.30 introduces improvements in dashboard development, new report and chart templates, device maintenance scheduling enhancements and platform infrastructure improvements.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA., September 27, 2016 – Modius Inc., a leading provider of Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solutions, today announced enhancements to its OpenData product line with the launch of OpenData® v3.7.30
OpenData v3.7.30 introduces several important features, including:
• Dashboard Development Improvements – Modius has enhanced its analytics package to support multiple internal and external data feeds (i.e. video feeds), for building configurable dashboards. This new capability allows the OpenData user to quickly and easily create custom dashboards of real-time operational performance metrics.
• Maintenance Scheduling Enhancements – Modius has added the ability to assign blocks of time to a device, or groups of devices, for scheduled maintenance to suppress alarms, alerts and notifications. These maintenance schedules can be named, assigned a start and stop time using a reference time zone and contain one or more selected devices.
• New Charts and Reports – Modius has added two new charting options for analyzing point data: Histogram Charts and Time Comparison Charts. These easy to read, interactive charts provide instant statistical analysis of any single device data point or KPI. With the Time Comparison Chart, operational performance can be analyzed between two different (but related) time periods. In addition, several new reports have been added to support more comprehensive user management, (e.g. User Log-in and User Audit Reports).
• Graphical User Interface (GUI) Improvements – OpenData v3.7.30 now supports the ability to select devices in the device tree or lists using standard Shift/Ctrl key clicks to perform a group action (Moves, Schedule Maintenance, Etc.). In addition, the User and Group editor has been enhanced to provide a more intuitive user experience.
• Extended System Support – OpenData v3.7.30 now supports Microsoft Windows 10 Edge Browser, MS SQL Server 2014, and Java 1.8.
“As more and more facilities adopt DCIM solutions on the path to a fully automated, software-defined data center, the importance of having access and visibility to both real-time and historic data, and related data from external sources is paramount to achieving this goal,” said Craig Compiano, CEO of Modius. “These enhancements to the Modius OpenData platform, and the ability to link real-time data to critical assets, provide our customers with the data they need to make timely and accurate decisions to improve operational efficiency, enhanced service management, and paves the way to meeting the criteria for a software-defined data center.”
From a single console, Modius’ OpenData platform displays in real-time comprehensive power and environmental intelligence from a distributed network of facilities – including data centers, server closets, call centers and mechanical yards. Using these metrics, data center leaders have the ability to anticipate and plan for numerous data center events that will enable them to reduce data center energy consumption. The system can be installed either locally within the enterprise network or remotely with the database and server application hosted in a cloud-based configuration for easier service management.
OpenData v3.7.30 is available for immediate shipment. For more information on how your organization can improve the management and operational efficiency of your data center or mission critical facilities, please visit our website at www.modius.com, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modius, Inc. is a leading provider of Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software and solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT). Modius’ data center management software enables IT and facilities personnel to work collaboratively to lower energy costs, expand capacity and improve the reliability and availability of all IT services. The Modius flagship product, OpenData, monitors all power-distribution, cooling and environmental sensors across multiple facilities from a single console, providing intelligent operating decisions based on data from the Internet of Things. For more information on IoT Solutions from Modius or our data center monitoring solutions , visit our website or call (888) 323-0066.
All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only.